Good stories require friction. Characters need to face adversity, overcome challenges, and in the end are forever changed. Whether a story results in tragedy or triumph, it’s the choices characters make that keep us turning the pages.
All readers, writers, and editors know this. Perhaps you’ve even considered becoming an editor yourself? Well, here’s your chance! Enter our #CreateFriction contest to win a guest art editor spot on a future issue—and help us literally create F(r)iction!
Here’s how it works:
- On Facebook or Twitter, share a story about a time in your life when you experienced friction. Who was it with? What did each of you want? How did it end?
- Use the hashtag #CreateFriction and/or tag us in your posts
- You’ll automatically be entered to win!
Enter as many times as you like. Our editors will read all entries and vote on their favorites. The winner gets to guest art edit a story in a future issue of F(r)iction!
In honor of #CreateFriction, we’re having a sale on subscriptions! From now until January 5, all subscriptions are 50% off!
It’s not every day you get to help create a literary magazine. So start sharing your stories of getting mixed up in crazy hi-jinks, triumphing over evil, or learning from failure. Whatever your story—we can’t wait to see how you #CreateFriction!
Here are the details:
- The contest runs November 29 – January 5
- Entries will not be considered for publication in F(r)iction Magazine or F(r)iction Log
- The winner will guest art edit a story in an issue of F(r)iction during the 2020 calendar year. You’ll get to:
- Learn to how we create the amazing art you see for each piece in F(r)iction
- Read an advance draft of the piece you’ve been chosen to edit
- Decide on potent images for the artist to create mockups
- Review mockups from the artist and choose which one will be turned into the final artwork
- Bask in the glory of your amazing skills